- 2 teaspoons (8g) smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons (8g) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6g) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 (6g) teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (4g) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (4g) light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon (4g) mustard powder
- Combine ingredients
Tired applying this after wings came out of the oven to see if it would work and it didn’t. This needs to be applied before going in the oven. I figured that would be the case, but you don’t know until you try!Also, there isn’t much zest in this, so I bumped that up.Original Recipe
- 1.5 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, half of the cider vinegar, horseradish, black pepper, salt, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk in rest of cider vinegar to get the correct consistency.
- Whisk in lemon juice to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
The purpose of this sauce is to provide an alternative to those who don’t like blue cheese but need a dip to cut the heat.Even though the original recipe is pretty traditional, I thought it was too thin for my taste. Also not flavorful enough. So I decreased the mayo/vinegar to spices ratio. I want this more of a dip than a ‘sauce.’Original Recipe