- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot ®)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Stir the bourbon, brown sugar, ketchup, white vinegar, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, honey, and butter together in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and cook at a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally, until the sauce thickens nearly to the consistency of maple syrup or molasses, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.