Strawberry Basil Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (3.75oz)
- 1/2 cup water (4oz)
- 4 Strawberries sliced (1.5oz)
- 4 basil leaves rinsed (.05oz)
- In a small sauce pan, dissolve the sugar into the water over medium low heat.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and add the sliced strawberries and basil.
- Allow to steep for 30-60 minutes.
- Drain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and place in an airtight jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.